Kwheezy GNU / Linux
Debian KDE, made eezy...
"Kwheezy is Debian 7 (Wheezy), with a pre-configured KDE desktop experience and a good selection of GNU/Linux/Open Source software."
Kwheezy is abased operating system designed for general purpose desktop computing.
Not so much a distribution based on Debian, but rather "a well configured Debianinstaller". It is designed to give you more out-of-the-box. To be easier for Linux or Debian newcomers. It is full-featured, with all the applications, plugins, fonts and drivers that you need for daily use, and some more.
Kwheezy is 100% compatible with Debian 7.2.
- Debian 7.2 (Wheezy)
- KDE 4.8.4
- Linux Kernel 3.2 - Long Term Support (LTS)
- Inbuilt Remastering Tool (kwheezy-livecd)
- Kwheezy Profiler (backup/restore user profiles)
- Kwheezy Keyboard Selector (GUI for debian keyboard selection)
- Kwheezy Localizer (GUI for changing / adding locales)
- Kwheezy AutoStart Chooser (GUI - choose some applications to start at login)
- Kwheezy Switch Video Driver (GUI tool to quickly and easily switch video driver)
- Kwheezy Toggle Screens (GUI tool for switching display to projectors etc.)
- Comprehensive Media Codecs
- VLC media player
- Clementine music player
- Flash Player (plugin)
- Mozilla Firefox - extended support release (ESR)
- Mozilla Thunderbird - extended support release (ESR)
- Calligra, LibreOffice (office suites)
- Gimp, Krita (bitmap graphics editors)
- Inkscape, Karbon (vector graphics editors)
- Scribus (desktop publishing)
- PDFMod (split, merge and re-arrange PDF documents)
- Digikam (photo album manager)
- Kdenlive (video editor)
- Arista Transcoder, WinFF (video/audio transcoders)
- Audacity (sound editor)
- Imagination (DVD slideshow creator)
- Konversation (IRC chat)
- Jitsi (multi-protocol instant messaging with video & audio calling)
- QTransmission (bittorrent client)
- WINE (Windows compatability layer)
- VirtualBox (Virtual Machine; run multiple operating systems at the same time)
- Google Earth (interactive globe)
32bit (x86-32 / IA-32)
64bit (x86-64 / amd64)