Version 1.4 is now available from the download page.
This release is mostly a bunch of minor fixes and improvements to the out-the-box experience.
Changes in version 1.4:
- Fix for entering accents in LibreOffice (disable iBus by default).
- Firefox and Thunderbird 24 ESR are now default.
- Cdrtools (original and best) replaces wodim and genisoimage as default Burning/ISO tools.
- Kopete and Linphone replace Jitsi as default XMPP chat and video calling.
- Kwheezy Autostart Chooser has additional choices, including iBus.
- Make KGet and Kopete "Always Visible" in system tray by default.
- Allow kwheezy-livecd package to be uninstalled without removing Kwheezy icon.
- Disable transitions (effects) in KScreenSaver's "Slide Show", making it usable.
Version 1.3 installations can be upgraded to 1.4 via Apper or apt-get. However, many changes (default applications and settings) can not be done through package updates. To get the new desktop settings, use Kwheezy Profiler and restore "Kwheezy Defaults" after updating. This will lose some of your customisations, so do a profile backup first.